Mexico is a country with 0n incredibly rich culture and history. From the ancient ruins of Teotihuacan to the modern city of Mexico City, there is much to explore in this fascinating country. So, when you’re visiting, there’s no shortage of fun activities.
Because Mexico is so full of unique and historical places, it can be hard to narrow it down and figure out what the must-see things are. If you’re planning on visiting Mexico soon, we’re here to help you create the perfect itinerary! Here are some tips to make the most out of your trip to Mexico.
Practical Tips for Your Trip to Mexico
Before we get into the good stuff, we thought we’d give you a few practical tips to help you prepare for your trip and have the best possible time.
- Pesos are a good thing to learn more about Mexican currency. Also, exchange your money before the trip – you’ll save a lot by paying with pesos instead of dollars.
- Don’t drink tap water in Mexico.
- Keep in mind that all museums in Mexico are closed on Monday.
- Learn some basic Spanish and meet the locals.
- Take group tours to meet new people, especially if traveling solo.
- Mexico’s bus network is great if you want to save money on transportation.
How to Have the Best Mexican Holiday
Listen to the Waves: the Beaches of the Caribbean
Is there a more beautiful sound than the sound of waves? If you’re a sea lover, you cannot skip going to some breathtaking Caribbean beaches. Here are some suggestions.
- Playa del Carmen: With its clear turquoise waters and soft white sand, it’s easy to see why this spot in the Riviera Maya is so popular. Plus, there are plenty of beach bars and restaurants nearby if you need a break from the sun.
- Tulum: For a more rustic beach experience, head to Tulum. This spot is known for its stunning cliffside views and laid-back vibe. There are also plenty of activities to keep you busy, like exploring the nearby Mayan ruins or going for a swim in one of the many cenotes. You don’t want to miss that experience!
- Isla Mujeres: Isla Mujeres is a small island off the coast of Cancun known for its beautiful beaches. This spot is perfect if you’re looking for a quiet place to relax or if you want to go snorkeling and scuba diving on the coral reefs.
- Cancun: Cancun is one of Mexico’s most popular tourist destinations, and for a good reason. With its crystal-clear waters and gorgeous white sand beaches, it’s easy to see why. There’s also no shortage of things to do in Cancun, from exploring ancient ruins to shopping in luxury malls.
Whether you’re looking for a relaxing beach day or an action-packed adventure, Mexico has something for everyone.
Go to the Carnival in Mexico
The carnival in Mexico is a celebration that takes place every year between January and March. It is a time when people dress up in costumes, dance to music, and have lively parties. The carnival is a tradition that dates back to the Middle Ages and is still celebrated today.
Some of the most famous carnival celebrations take place in the cities of Mazatlan and Veracruz. This is one of the best ways to immerse yourself in the vibrant Mexican culture and enjoy the music, joy, food, and dancing.
No matter where you go, the carnival will be a fun and unforgettable experience. So, if you’re in Mexico during carnival season, be sure to check out some of the celebrations!
Stroll Around Mexico City
Mexico City is home to many historical and cultural sites and plenty of modern amenities. So, if you’re visiting Mexico, its capital should definitely be on your itinerary.
One of the best ways to explore Mexico City is on foot. There are plenty of pedestrian-friendly areas, such as the Zocalo, the city’s main square. Here, you’ll find plenty of shops and restaurants, as well as the National Palace and the Metropolitan Cathedral.
Another great area to explore on foot is Chapultepec Park. This massive park is one of the oldest urban parks in the world and is home to many museums, including the Museum of Anthropology and the National History Museum.
Visit the Teotihuacan Pyramids
The Teotihuacan Pyramids are some of the most famous archaeological sites in Mexico. The Teotihuacan Pyramids have a mysterious history, and their founders’ origins are undetermined. They are thought to be about 2,000 years old.
The most famous pyramid is the Pyramid of the Sun, the largest pyramid in Mexico. The Pyramid of the Moon is also a popular site, offering stunning views of the Valley of Mexico.
If you’re interested in learning about Mexico’s ancient history, a visit to the Teotihuacan Pyramids is a must!
Visit Chichen Itza
Chichen Itza is one of the top tourist destinations in Mexico. It is an ancient city that was one of the biggest of the Maya civilization. Chichen Itza is located in the Northern part of the Mexican Yucatan Peninsula.
The most famous site in Chichen Itza is the El Castillo (The Temple of Kukulkan), a massive pyramid that stands about 98 feet (30 meters) tall. Climb to the top of the pyramid for some incredible views of the surrounding area.
The Kukulkan Pyramid is a temple dedicated to the Maya god of rain. It is shaped like a serpent, and during the spring and fall equinoxes, the sun creates the illusion of a snake descending the steps of the temple.
Don’t Miss Chiapas
Chiapas is a state located in southern Mexico. It is known for its stunning scenery, including rainforests, mountains, and waterfalls. Chiapas is also home to many indigenous peoples, such as the Maya.
One of the must-see places to visit in Chiapas is Sumidero Canyon. This massive canyon is over 1,000 feet (305 meters) deep and is home to many species of plants and animals. You can take a boat ride through the canyon or hike to the bottom.
Chiapas is also home to Palenque, an ancient Maya city. The ruins of Palenque are a UNESCO World Heritage Site and are some of the best-preserved Maya ruins in Mexico.
Whether you’re interested in history and culture or just want to see some beautiful scenery, Chiapas is definitely worth a visit!
Ready to Book Your Tickets?
So, there you have it! These are just a few of the many amazing experiences you can have in Mexico. No matter your interests, you’re sure to find something that piques your curiosity in this diverse and fascinating country. So, what are you waiting for? Start planning your Mexican adventure today!